Tuesday 18 April 2017

Life Lately


As I write this post I am eating toast in bed (sorry Neil aka crumb police) with a sleeping 3 month old in my arms who I have attempted to put into his moses twice now but he immediately starfishes and wakes up ....who knew trying to write a post would be difficult with 2 babies...

I thought I would stick up a quick post of what we got up to over the Easter holidays. Nothing groundbreaking but a few family days together, A few spins out and the wee mans christening, which was all very last minute organisation wise( second child syndrome)- with Aoibhíns Christening I had weeks to leisurely plan the details from the table settings, to the pink pom poms and centrepieces- poor Cathals' was threw together the night before. Apart from the cake. Arguably the most important bit. It was ordered weeks before..and as usual I overestimated the size I needed. Ah well more for me. It was lovely to have a few extra days with Neil home and it felt lovely celebrating Cathals' day as a family of four. Family photos aren't so easy now with an energetic toddler. It feels a bit surreal to think that not so long ago was Aoibhíns christening.

It has been a lovely few days, just doing little else but eating chocolate and spending time together- but sure those are the best days. Even though its Tuesday I have a serious case of the 'Monday Blues' with Neil away back. Family get togethers can be very stressful can't they?  especially with little babies as everybody wants to hold them and if there is one thing I'm adamant about its that the baby wont be passed around constantly- not when they are trying to sleep as well,  otherwise then I spend the day refereeing who has them and who hasn't had a chance. It's too stressful so it's strictly mummy and Daddy only once photos are done . Anybody else feel that way too or just me?. I thoroughly enjoy the planning and preparation but I tend to find the event itself stressful and I'm almost relieved when its over. Doesn't help that I'm generally an anxious person and overthinker about everything. Still it was a lovely day, Cathal looked beautiful in his very last minute online outfit order, and Neil managed to help me squeeze into my dress- and it was a squeeze believe me. and there was cake.

So that's what we got up to over the break, I'm going to attempt to post more often but with these two it could be tomorrow or next week so until then here's a few photos of our weekend.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with the magees | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig