Tuesday 10 November 2015

Baby Shower

I knew when I found out we were pregnant that I wanted to have a Baby Shower-and I literally would spend hours on instagram scrolling through the baby shower hashtags for ideas. We found out at our 20 week scan that we were having a girl (I knew it from the moment I found out I was pregnant) but even if I had any doubts I was glued to the ultrasound screen so knew it was a girl even before they asked if we wanted to know-we also went for a private gender scan to confirm, but really it was an excuse to see our little baby again. So we knew early on but chose not to tell anybody else. I loved that it was just us that knew about our daughter and it was so special keeping that secret between us, it made me feel even closer to my bump . However, we decided to let everyone know at the baby shower which we held when I was nearly 36 weeks pregnant,

The Baby Shower for me wasn't about presents-I actually told everyone not to bring gifts..yes I am strange...I just wanted a day of laughter and joy and happiness. I organised it all myself and kept all the details to myself-I love organising parties as I love letting my creative side loose and it meant the day would be exactly as I wanted. There was cake (OH MY GOD THE CAKE) delicious food, drinks and games with prizes for the winners! .But the main attraction of the day was the gender reveal-I decorated a big box (the one the pram came in) and filled it with pink helium balloons then decorated all the outside of the box pink and blue. Everybody was convinced we were having a boy so everybody was surprised to see the pink balloons floating up in the clouds. Here's a few snippets-I should have took better pictures but I was too busy enjoying it all!. There is a video of the balloon release on my instagram (marymdoll) if you want a look!.




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with the magees | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig