Sunday 21 February 2016

Tommee Tippee Steamer and Blender

To help us along on our weaning journey I wanted to get a food processor/ blender of some description and whilst browsing Boots website I spotted this new release from Tommee Tippee-I'll admit I was kind of in two minds as it is more expensive than some hand held blenders that I had been eyeing up-and especially as Tomme Tippee do another blender for £20 but now I can totally say it was so worth it-plus I received my Boots points so win win really.

This machine is a steamer and blender in one and it is a lifesaver. It is quick, efficient and you literally just pop your prepared food in and select the length of cycle and off you go to grab a cup of tea. There is a steam and blend cycle which you can use individually or you can use both cycles at the same time. It is super easy to use-there are clear step by step instructions but basically you fill a compartment with 450mls water (for steaming) and then lock the lid in place, select your cycle by pressing the steam and or blend function buttons and then select your time. The steam function has a limit of 30minutes whilst the blend function is set at 5minutes maximum. There is a pause and cancel option if you need it also.

The Tommee Tippee comes with two little pots and a spatula to mix the food. It is easy to work with-to clean you simply unlock the lid and remove the container and it all comes apart easily to be washed. There is no mess what so ever and you can literally clean it in seconds and store it away again. It is so quiet apart from the occasional blur of the blender but otherwise you don't notice it. I have used it for parsnips, carrots, peas and pears and I am super impressed with it. I pop it all in and just leave it whilst I tend to baby. It is really compact too-not at all bulky like some blenders I have seen. 

The consistency of the food is perfect and the best bit is you can control the texture with the different timing options so as baby grows you can experiment with bulkier textured foods. I love that it steams the food so all the nutrients are retained so baby really is getting the most from their food.  I am so glad I decided to buy it as it is a time saver and means more time to tend to other duties rather than standing over pots and pans to puree all the foods.

If you are after a gadget for your weaning journey I honestly couldn't recommend this enough. Money well spent in my opinion. It varies in price but it seems to be on offer in Argos at the minute for £80-but shop around and see-I chose Boots for my points just. Some people might not think it is worth spending that much for something for weaning but I intend to use it even after baby has been fully weaned-perfect for steaming all your veg and fish!. Really though anything that saves time is worth it for me as I would much rather have that extra time to play with baby or actually just sit and relax for those 20minutes than stand at a pot stirring veg. 





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with the magees | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig