Sunday 24 January 2016

Baby Book Club



I love reading and it is one of the things that I want our daughter to love too-there's nothing like reading a good book to let your imagination go wild. I spent many a happy hour when I was younger reading The Magic Faraway Tree and believing that it did exist. Books let you escape and become entangled in another world and also are great for educational purposes for improving vocabulary...but really I just want her to love reading like her mummy.

We have a little corner of her nursery set up with a cubed shelve full of her books-you can spot a few Enid Blyton in there. She has lots more books but we plan on putting some shelves up to showcase them all. I cant wait to finish the nursery and have a little book reading corner with my Granny's old cosy armchair too. 

Books really are the best presents to gift, and were one of the main presents I asked family to get her for Christmas. I cant wait to see what kind of books she will love as she gets older-I wonder will she love Mallory Towers as much as I did?. Every night before bed we read a book to her and i love that time just before bed. As she is getting older and more aware she pays more attention to the colours and illustrations and loves when mummy puts on silly voices. 

The books don't have to be expensive or even very detailed books-and the likes of BM  and Pound stores are great for cheap and cheerful books-I cant resist buying a few more every time I am in. She is soon going to have her own little library...secretly I love to read them too. It's probably the closest I have got to reading in a long time!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with the magees | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig