Wednesday 13 January 2016

Babys' First Christmas

It already feels like Christmas was a lifetime ago and so before it's completely forgotten about I decided to write a little post on Baby's First Christmas and what we got up too. With her only being just over 3 months at the time she obviously was really none the wiser but still we wanted to make our first Christmas as a family of three special,.There are so many traditions we want to start, but as we literally just moved into our new home the Sunday before Christmas I didn't get to do it all or have the time to do things exactly how I would have liked. Still it was a wonderful Christmas and makes us extremely excited for all the Christmases to come!.

Every year we have a real tree and an artificial one-I love real trees-the smells, the look and feel of it but the hubby likes the artificial trees. It's just what we have both grew up with and are used to-and so we have one of each which works well as I get to decorate my own-classic and simple. One tradition we have started is adding ornaments to the tree for our little girl-this first year was the classic 'Babys first Christmas' ornament which we bought at the Christmas market-each year we will add another and let her choose them herself-so god knows what my classic tree will end up looking like-maybe we will let her put them on Daddys tree!. We also made up her own Christmas Eve box-I had one made from a company called 'The Festive Studio' engraved with her name, and filled it with her Christmas card, a few christmassy books including The Night Before Christmas, The Snowman and Scrooge. I also put in her new Christmas pyjamas, a Santa key, Reindeer food, her handmade plate for Santa's Treats and a little cuddly elf toy. Over the years as she gets older I'll add more things-like a Christmas movie, Christmas music and sweets for her. I had wanted to make one for me and daddy too but I jut didn't have the time-although we did wear our new Christmas pyjamas. Christmas Eve for me is just for the three of us so we stay home with no visitors. I think its important to have that time together with my own little family.

Of course, there were plenty of Christmas outfits to wear-her sing along Christmas jumper, flashing reindeer tshirt, gingerbread leggings, her little pudding suit-she looked adorable in them all! Looking forward to next years!. The three of us wore our Christmas jumpers and I made it into our Christmas cards with Little Christmas frames I found in a book store. I think this will be our favourite tradition-seeing how hey change from year to year!.

Christmas was busy with lots of visitors so we made sure to have a good portion of Christmas Day for ourselves-we opened her presents in the morning-we didn't go mad as she is only little and that was one thing I stressed to family too-plenty of books was on the wanted list. She received toys from mummy and daddy but I really don't want her being overly spoilt so we felt it was bet to let family know there were limits to what they were allowed to buy. She has her own little library now and lots of lovely toys including a gorgeous rocking horse. We had lots of visitors, but we tried to make sure we had a bit of time to ourselves as next year I will be working Christmas again-which is horrible to think of, but that was why we didn't want visitors every day as not only was it out first Christmas as a family of three but my first Christmas off work in 15 years! Thank god for maternity! New years Eve was a quiet affair, just the three of us and at midnight we came down to her sleeping and just raised a glass o us all and to what a great year 2015 had been for us.

We look forward to all the Christmas's to come and to continuing with all our traditions and watching them grow over the years.




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with the magees | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig